DRG/DP&L Energy Audit Rebates
Save up to 100% on an energy audit, learn how your facilities are using energy and prioritize money-savings projects that have the most
DRG Green Certified Dayton Power & Light (DP&L) customers can work with a qualified audit firm to conduct a
Target ASHRAE Level 1 Audit
for a comprehensive
energy analysis of your facilities, examining everything from lighting to HVAC to buildings controls. The end result is an understanding of how
energy is being used, the potential savings and a list of prioritzed projects that have the most attractive paybacks.
DP&L Partners with DRG to Rebate up to 100% of the Audit Cost to DP&L Partners with DRG to Rebate up to $5,000 of the
Energy Audit Cost
Once the energy audit has been completed, DP&L will reimburse 50% of the cost of the audit. The remaining 50% will be reimbursed if you implement
indentified electricty-saving projects within 12 months of the audit, and the amount of your investment is equal to or greater than the cost of the
audit. Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-serve, and case-by-case basis. Maximum reimbursement for a single facility audit is $5,000
Eligibility, Terms, & Conditions
- The applying business must be Green Certified by DRG.
- The facility must be within DP&L's service territory.
- Audit work related to the feasability or study of alternative generation, including renewable generation, is not eligible
for program incentives.
- This program excludes buildings intended for residential use.
- Apply for the audit subsidy through this platform. Proceed with the audit upon DP&L approval.
- An audit will not eligible for rebate if the customer proceeds with the audit prior to DP&L's approval.
- Rebates will be based on the final cost of the audit, and will be capped as follows:
| Customer Usage
|| Max Audit Cost
|| Not to Exceed $/sqft
| Up to 500,000
| Above 200,000,000
- Audits must be delivered by a Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Funds are awarded on a first come, first-serve, and case-by-case basis, until program funds are exhausted. DP&L reserves
the right to withhold funds until all program requirements are met. The reservation of funds does not guarantee payment. If the
energy audit is not performed within 6 months of the application approval, DP&L reserves the right to discontinue the reservation
of all incentive of all incentive funds for the project. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- A commercial, industrial or government entity may have up to three (3) facilities audited in a calender year. Any given
facility may only receive a subsidized audit once every five (5) years. Resedential buildings are not eligible for subsidized energy audits.
- Rebates may be subject to a federal and/or state income tax reporting. DP&L is not responsible for any taxes that may be incurred.
- The parties recognize that DP&L does not guarantee energy savings and does not make any warranties assoiciated with the audit.
Furthermore, only the customer can judge the overall feasibility and benefit to its business of the audit and indentified energy
- DP&L respects the privacy of its customers, but cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information provided to it.
- Customers in areas on their DP&L billings at the time that the rebate payment is scheduled to take place will not be eligible
for a cash payment. These rebates instead will be distributed to the DP&L Energy Audit Program customer as a credit to their DP&L
account. Customers will be notified of this situation prior to receiving payment.